- To motivate the students the department is regularly organizing talent tests and Mathematical modeling contests. In order to update the current development in the field of Mathematics, the department is organizing workshops and national seminars.
- Every year our department is organizing mathematical modeling contest to highlight the applications of mathematics in day to day life.
- The Mathematics department conducts talent test for the first year students every year to analyze and appreciate the understanding capacity of students.
Activities of the Department
|S.No||Name of Association||Faculty Coordinator||Name of the office bearers||Post held
|1||Mathematics colloquium||R. Jagadesh||A.B. Abishek Pandu||President|
|2||N.K. Deepika||Vice - President|
Three – Day Workshop in Algebra and Number Theory Held from 20.06.2019 to 22.06.2019.
- Dr.S.R.Anantha Lakshmi (Associate Prof.)
- Dr.V.Radhika (Assistant Prof.)
The Department of Mathematics organized a Three – Day Workshop in Algebra and Number Theory from 20.06.2019 to 22.06.2019. Anna University has introduced a new paper on Algebra and Number Theory in 2017 regulations for Computer Science and Information Technology branches. In order to familiarize this topic among the Engineering Colleges’ Mathematics teachers the Three – Day Workshop was conducted.
The Department of Mathematics has conducted Mathematics Talent Test 2017 for I year UG students on 11.12.2017 . The following students are the prize winners.
|1||EEE / A||S.L. GHOKUL||I|
|2||IT / B||P. RAHUL GANESH||II|
|3||IT / B||R. K . PRASSHANTH||III|
|4||MECH / A||R. GOKHUL SHRIRAM||III|
|5||MECH / B||P. MANIRATHINAM||III|
- The Mathematical modelling contest 2016 was conducted on 07/04/2016 by the department of Mathematics, EEC under the auspices of mathematics colloquium. Professors Dr.Y.V.S.S Sanyasi Raju, IIT Madras, Dr.C.H. Srinivasa Rao, IIT Madras evaluated the projects and three prizes were announced for the best projects displayed.The following Students won the prizes as given below,
- B.Manojkumar (II CSE B)
- Vineeth Kumar S(II CSE B)
- Swathish Swaminathan(II ECE B)
- Siddartha Addanki ( II CSE B)
- Sai Prapanch A (II CSE B)
- Vijay Kumar A(II CSE B
- T.S.Sindhuja (I EIE B)
- Pownish Krishna P(I EIE B)
- Prajesh Nikhil R (I EIE B)
- A Guest lecture was organized on 24.02.2017 on the topic “ Stochastic process – An Overview” by Dr M. P. Jeyaraman, L.N. Govt. Arts College.
- The Mathematical modelling contest 2017 was conducted on 27-03-2017 by the department of Mathematics, EEC under the auspices of mathematics colloquium. Professors Dr.T. Pathinathan, Loyola College, Dr.D.Vinayagam, Presidency College evaluated the projects and three prizes were announced for the best projects displayed.The following Students won the prizes as given below.
- Hari Prasad R (II Auto)
- Kirann V S(II Auto)
- Yokesh P(II Auto)
- Hariharan M( II ECE A)
- Hari Krishna V (II ECE A)
- Dinesh Deva A(II ECE A)
- Prasabba Venkatesh(I EIE B)
- Pon Siva P(I Mech B)
- Kailash D(I Mech B)
- The Mathematical Talent test 2015 was conducted on 29.10.2015 by the department of Mathematics, EEC under the auspices of mathematics colloquium. The following are the details of the prize winners.